1) LINUX and UNIX (including DEC Alpha and Sun Solaris) machines with the GCC compiler. In this case, the source code of SPECTRUM is distributed. The user must then compile SPECTRUM using MAKE.
2) DEC Alpha Machines with the native C-compiler. Again, in
case the source code of SPECTRUM is distributed and the user must
it using a modified Makefile.
3) Sun/Solaris machines with the native C-compiler. I have
that SPECTRUM compiles and runs successfully on Silicon Graphics
using a modified Makefile.
4) Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP using the Cygwin tools. The Cygwin tools can be used to set up a virtual UNIX machine under Windows. Recommended!
5) I am also distributing binaries that will run directly in a DOS
under most varieties of Windows. See the online
documentation for more details.
6) Mac users running Mac OS 10.0 can now compile SPECTRUM using the
If you have a platform not listed above, I would be interested in
with you to port SPECTRUM to your platform. Chances are that the
port will be relatively easy and straight forward. A requirement
is a C-compiler.
Contact me at email@example.com